Whom to be Registered
GST regulations are applicable if your annual turnover (Goods or Services or both) is Rs. 20 lakh or above. In case of North Eastern states (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura) and hilly regions i.e. Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand,Jammu & Kashmir and Sikkim, the threshold limit is Rs. 10 lakh.
The registration is mandatory on crossing the limit of Rs.19,00,000( for special category states it is Rs. 9,00,000).
Who all are covered?
We have developed a basic test for GST registration. You have mandatorily to get registered under GST regime, if one of the following conditions, you fall.
- Every person if supplying goods or services 20 lakh or above (Rs.10 lakh for north east states including Sikkim) OR
- If you are purchasing or selling goods outside the state irrespective of the above threshold limit OR
- If you are receiving or providing services outside the state irrespective of the limit OR
- If you are required to pay tax under reverse charge. OR
- If you are non-resident taxable person irrespective of the limit OR
- Input Service Distributor OR
- An aggregator who supplier services under his brand name or his trade name irrespective of the limit OR
- Every electronic Commerce operator like Flipkart, Amazon, etc., irrespective of the limit OR
- A person who supplies goods and services through electronic commerce. OR
*The definition of agent is also very interesting extract below:
"2(5) "agent" means a person, including a factor , broker, commission agent, arhatia, del, credere agent, an auctioneer or any other mercantile agent, by whatever name called, who carries on the business or supply or receipt of goods or services or both on behalf of another."
"A practising Chartered Accountant incorporating a private limited company on behalf of his client is an example of a pure agent."
- If your turnover includes supply of only those goods/services which are exempt under GST, then registration is not required
- While calculating the turnover both taxable and non-taxable goods and services are to be included