Home Loan and Tax Planning
While all of us have a dream of buying a dream home or constructing or reconstructing or repairing our homes, it's also important to consider the tax angle when we decide to do any of these activities. For some, the amount of wealth they have created allows buying or constructing or reconstructing or repairing or renewing homes from our own funds - i.e. without opting for a "home loan"; but again doing so precludes you to avail of the tax benefit, which are attached if one takes a home loan for such activities.
Our Home Loan Tax Planning services answers this and many other questions…as follows;
Often you may face the following general issues:
- Are you eligible for both deductions "repayment of principal amount" and "payment of interest" for tax benefit?
- Can you claim unlimited amount of deduction on your payment of interest?
- Can your co-owner, often your spouse, claim both deductions while you claiming the same deduction in a year?
- Are you liable to pay tax on deemed to be let out property, even if you are not getting any rental income?
- Are you claiming 30% deduction as maintenance cost on your rental income irrespective of any expenditure incurred on your property?
- Can you claim deduction in respect of payment of interest, even if you are unable to pay your EMI?
- Are you eligible for extra deduction of Rs1 lakh on your payment of interest on current loans?